"Mobile-CitiSmart: Serving Mobile's Citizens through outstanding performance!"
CitiSmart is Mayor Jones' innovative way of ensuring the most effective, efficient and accountable government service possible for the people of Mobile. Focusing on the three C's: "Cooperation, Collaboration and Coordination", the CitiSmart Team works with every City Department, preparing them for presentations to the Mayor and senior staff. At each CitiSmart Brief, the department reviews tasks assigned, personnel issues, budget, equipment status and performance measures. The meetings are held weekly, ensuring all departments in the City participate multiple times each year. CitiSmart works hand in hand with the Mobile Information Technology Department and the 311 Department to guarantee that accountability issues are addressed promptly and thoroughly and that all departments can communicate their performance clearly. The CitiSmart Team also works with the Finance Department to analyze and organize the City's Budget, enabling the Mayor to make financial decisions based on comprehensive data. To date, City Departments have used the CitiSmart process to gain millions of dollars in cost savings and countless process improvements. These add up to higher citizen satisfaction.2012 CitiSmart Celebration Presentation
CitiSmart ArchivesCitiSmart Success update CY 2010
How CitiSmart works - PowerPoint Presentation
CitiSmart Successes - PowerPoint Presentation
What CitiSmart does
National League of Cities- City Showcase Award 2007
How Many Briefs have been conducted via the CitiSmart process?
Previous CitiSmart Highlights
- CitiSmart Briefs Sept. 25, 2013 - Urban Development, Mobile Police Department
- CitiSmart Brief Sept. 18. 2013, - Azalea Golf Course, Film Office, Inventory Control
- CitiSmart Brief Sept. 11, 2013, Most Important Tasks - Geographic Information Systems, Keep Mobile Beautiful
- Accounting/Payroll Dept. CitiSmart Brief Aug. 21, 2013 Goals for Accounting and Payroll - July 2013
- CitiSmart/HR Raffle Fundraiser for the Alabama Kidney Foundation. March 8, 2013 Mayor Sam Jones draws the winning ticket.
- Oct. 17, 2012 Police & Fire Pension Brief
- July 18, 2012 REAM CitiSmart Brief Several changes to Bienville Square
- This slide is from June 6, 2012 Mobile Police Department CitiSmart Brief, Crime Analysis - 4th Precinct Crimes have reduced.
- This slide is from May 2, 2012 Mobile Police Department CitiSmart Brief, Crime Analysis - 5th Precinct, Crimes have reduced.
- Public Works Garbage Trucks Availability
For questions or inquiries, e-mail CITISMART