Mobile Government

Real Estate

4th Floor Government Plaza
Mobile, AL 36633

View Web Site

Main Contact: 251-208-7536

Contact: John Olszewski -

The Real Estate Department provides professional assistance to the City Council, Administration, other city departments and the public regarding city-related real estate matters.
* helps to manage the City’s property, easements, and rights-of-way
* maintains accurate records of all City-owned property, easements and rights-of-way
* acquires new property, easements and rights-of-way as needed for City use
* leases new property as needed by City Departments
* renews all existing leases as needed
* disposes of unneeded property, easements and rights-of-way in a professional manner

TimeSavers - Online services, forms and applications

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who owns a particular piece of property?
    Any questions regarding private property ownership should be referred to Mobile County Revenue Commissioner. Call Assessing at 574-8530.

  • I have a question about my property taxes?
    The Mobile County Revenue Commissioner handles all property taxes. Call Tax Assessing at 574-8530.

  • Does the City have any houses to rent or to sell?
    The City Real Estate Department rarely has any property not needed by the City. Call the Mobile Housing Board for information on Assisted Rentals, check in the newspaper and with your local realtor.

  • I have a question about Real Estate Law.
    The Real Estate Department can not advise on Legal matters. You should contact a Real Estate Attorney.

  • I have a question about Local Real Estate Practices.
    You should call the Mobile Area Association of Realtors at 479-8654.