Keep Mobile Beautiful Announces Christmas Tree Recycling
December 20, 2012
Dont add to the trash problem piling up in Mobile - recycle your Christmas tree!
Keep Mobile Beautiful is collecting old Christmas Trees now through January 9. The trees will be ground into mulch for use by area gardeners. Residents are encouraged to continue or begin a new Christmas family tradition of recycling their old tree rather than tossing it to the curb.
Trees may be delivered at any time to the recycling stations. However, Keep Mobile Beautiful volunteers will be on hand from 10:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, December 29 & 30 and January 5 & 6 to assist recyclers with tree unloading.
Old Christmas trees may be delivered to any of the following locations:
1. Parkway Plaza - 2655 Dauphin Island Parkway
2. 2501 Government Boulevard in front of Food World
3. Wildwood Shopping Center - 4055 Cottage Hill west of Azalea
4. Airport at University behind the BP Station
5. Westwood Plaza - Airport at Schillinger
6. MAWSS Park Forest Center - Moffet at Forest Hill Drive
Be a good recycler! Before you turn your tree in for recycling - REMEMBER
~ remove all lights
~ remove ornaments
~ remove metal or plastic stand
~ remove plastic bags
~ remove tinsel
~ remove garland
~ SORRY, BUT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT FLOCKED TREES
THE LAST DAY TO TURN IN A TREE IS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9!
WARNING: Trees turned in for recycling are the property of Keep Mobile Beautiful. Removal without permission is against the law.
Christmas Tree vendors have trees left over? Call Keep Mobile Beautiful at 208-6029 for information about disposing of your trees.
- Trash and Garbage
- Litter And Stormwater Information
- Stormwater Web Site
- Community and Arts
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Activities
- Licenses and Taxes
- Public Safety
- Mobile Animal Shelter
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Mobile Public Library
- Historic Development
- Keep Mobile Beautiful
- Neighborhood and Community Services
- E-Mobile Tax Payments