City of Mobile Implements Hurricane Response Plan
October 09, 2017
"Following an assessment after Hurricane Nate, we are thankful that Mobile only experienced light damage from the storm. Thanks to the hard work of our City employees and partnering agencies, we have cleared the streets of the City, cleaned storm drains, fixed traffic lights and removed fallen trees. Crews are continuing to work hard today, despite the stormy weather, to finish our cleanup efforts." -- Mayor Stimpson
To alleviate the impacts from the storm, the City of Mobile has implemented its response plan to remedy minor damage from Hurricane Nate.
- Prepared the cruise terminal for Carnival Fantasy's arrival today at 4 pm today, where current passengers on board will be disembarking.
- Evacuated 4 people from two different homes experiencing minor flooding: 3 people on Parkway Dr and 1 person from Peer Ct. No injuries were involved.
- Responded to 9 Hazardous Conditions all involving power lines and transformers.
- Conducted 9 public assists with contact and 6 wellness checks.
- Cleaned and inspected storm drains.
- Cleared large branches and debris from streets and rights of way. Crews are continuing to pick up remaining debris today.
- Collecting citizens' trash (limbs, debris) from the storm on the regular trash schedule. The City is waiving the normal size limit. Pickup is expected to last two weeks.
- Repaired traffic signals at the following 40 intersections: Bit & Spur @ University, University @ Old Shell, Springhill @ Tuthill, Springhill @ I65 E, Springhill @ I65 W, Moffett @ I65 E, Moffett @ I65, Moffett @ Overlook, Schillinger @ Tanner Williams, Cottage Hill @ Hillcrest, Cottage Hill @ Azalea, Cottage Hill @ I65 E, Airport @ Florida, Government @ Knollwood, DIP @ Cedar Crescent, Government @ Catherine, Government @ Lafeyette. Dauphin @ Ann, Old Shell @ Ann, Springhill @ Ann, Springhill @ Springhill Rec Center, St Francis @ Water, Airport @ Montlimar, Monroe @ Emanuel, Rangeline @ Halls Mill, Canal @ Claiborne, Broad @ Springhill, Broad @ Dauphin, University @ Old Shell, Springhill @ Catherine, Cottage Hill @ Azalea, Florida @ Airport, Government @ DIP, Schillinger @ Old Shell, Dauphin @ Sage, Dauphin @ Ann, Springhill @ Tuthill, Water @ St Francis, Government @ Glenwood, Dauphin @ Rhimes, Michael @ Montlimar, Three Knotch @ Hwy 90 and Three Knnotch @ Old Pascagoula.
- Removed large trees at the following 68 locations: 1706 Bass Dr; 6258 Sarnen Dr; 4221 Woodcliff Dr S; County Rd 37 & 11th St; 5 Cosgrove Dr; 250 Rochester Rd; Howells Ferry Rd & Donham Dr; US-98 & Mississippi St; Moffett Rd & Bear Fork Rd; 30.7202, -88.1562; 30.6859, -88.1487; 4151 Bayfront Rd; Lancaster Rd & York Pl; Eagle Dr & Raven Dr; S McGregor Ave & Vickers Street; Fairway Dr & Courtney St; Fairway Dr & Courtney St; Seafarers Lane; Magnolia Rd & Pennington Cir; Old Shell Rd & Horloesther Ct; Old Shell Rd & Bit and Spur Rd; 3047 Cottage Hill Rd; Zeigler Blvd & Chalet Dr E; Zeigler Blvd & Uster St; Emogene St & Stephens St; Airport Blvd & Mt Island Dr W; Airport Blvd & S Florida St; McGrew Court; 2722 McGrew Ct; 216 Ingate St; Church St & S Hamilton St; 2367 Old Military Rd; 1000 Azalea Rd, Mobile, AL 36693; Cottage Hill Rd & Azalea Rd; 1458 Basil St; Congress St & Rylands St; Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave & Butchers Ln; 3672 Belmont St; Howells Ferry Rd & Gentilly Dr W; 251 Pinehill Dr; Old Government St & Pinehill Dr; 30.6895, -88.1475; 30.7016, -88.0699; 1453 W Linwood Dr; County Rd 33 & Old Government St; County Rd 33 & Glider Ave; 1911 Jones Ave; St Stephens Rd & St Charles Ave; 5600 Cottage Hill Rd; St Michael St & N Royal St; 162 Grand Blvd; 151 Grand Blvd; 6116 Smith Ln; N Reed Ave & S Reed Ave; 2008 Wildwood Pl; Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave & Crawford Ln; 1951 Wagner St; Donald St & Wagner St; Donald Street; Donald St & Gloria York Ave; Houston St & Forrest St; Dauphin Island Pkwy & Duncan St; Lowe's Home Improvement; Elma Dr & Oak Harbor Dr; 109 Hemley Ave; 4359 Stein St; S McGregor Ave & Turnout Ln; Turnout Ln & Warwick Rd.
- Crews are continuing efforts today. The gray areas on the map mark the locations that are now clear and the red areas marks the locations that are pending but secure.
For high resolution photos of Hurricane Nate cleanup efforts, click here.
- Mayor's Office
- City Officials
- City Council Meetings
- City Department List
- Department Phone Numbers
- City Contacts
- Municipal Courts and Legal Info
- Municipal Code
- Licenses and Taxes
- E-Mobile Tax Payments
- Bids and Procurement
- Election Information
- Department of Safety and Performance
- Nuisance Abatement
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Trash and Garbage
- Litter And Stormwater Information
- Stormwater Web Site
- Community and Arts
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Activities
- Licenses and Taxes
- Public Safety
- Mobile Animal Shelter
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Mobile Public Library
- Historic Development
- Neighborhood and Community Services
- E-Mobile Tax Payments