City Dog License
To purchase a city dog license (City Ordinance 7-7), please visit Animal Services during 12-4 pm on weekdays or follow the instructions to renew by mail.
In order to purchase a license, you must show current proof of rabies vaccination. Also, if your animal is spayed or neutered, please make sure your vet indicates this in their records. The following fees apply:
Spayed/Neutered Dog: $3.00
Unaltered Dog: $15.00
Spayed/Neutered Dog (Senior Citizen over 65): $1.50
Unaltered Dog (Senior Citizen over 65): $3.00
- To receive your annual dog license by mail, please send a copy of the following:
- A copy of the current rabies certificate. (This is not a medical record or receipt stating rabies was given with other vaccinations or veterinary care but a single document referring to only the rabies vaccine that includes a tag number, vaccination information and is signed by your veterinarian.)
- Proof of spay/neuter is either documented on the rabies certificate or medical records.
- A copy of your driver’s license. Please update us if this isn’t your current address.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Payment via cash or check.
Mail to: City of Mobile Animal Services
855 Owens St.
Mobile, AL 36604
Questions? Call us at 251-208-2800 or email at AnimalShelter@CityofMobile.org