Black History Month 2023
Feb 1st, 2023 - Feb 28th, 2023 · 6:00 PM-6:00 PM
Join us every Wednesday as we focus on the progress and diversity of Black History Month!
- Feb. 1st, 6PM at Thomas Sullivan Community Center (351 N Catherine Street)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Seminar
- Join us as we create a space for people to learn, listen, and share stories during our diversity, equity, and inclusion seminar.
- Feb. 8th, 6PM at Hillsdale Community Center (558 East Felhorn Road)
- Family Portraits
- Come dressed to impress and have your free family portraits done by local photographers!
- Feb. 15th, 6PM at Herndon-Sage Park (2900 Dauphin Street)
- Community Walk and Talk
- Grab your walking shoes and talk with local community leaders such as healthcare professionals, first responders, educators, legal professionals, government officials, and more. This is a great chance for participants to engage with local leaders in our community.
- Feb. 22nd, 6PM at Harmon-Thomas Community Center (1611 Belfast Street)
- History In The Making Teen Talent Show
- Can you sing, dance, play an instrument, recite poetry, act, mime, or perform magic? Wherever your talent lies, we want to see it!
- Sign up by February 15th by CLICKING HERE!
Also, we will be celebrating through the Arts!
- February 10th from 5-10PM at Cathedral Square (300 Conti Street)
- Friday Night Live
- Free, Family Friendly Concert in the heart of Downtown Mobile. Brass band Showcase. Listen to your favorite Mardi Gras tunes from six different brass bands.
- February 10th throughout Downtown Mobile
- While Mobile's traditional ArtWalk is not held in February, we encourage everyone to be sure to visit local art galleries during their regular business hours. Many of the exhibits will be featuring black artists.
- February 27th from 2:30-7:30PM at Hope Community Center (850 Edwards Street)
- Black History: Empowering our Culture through the Arts with MPRD
- The City of Mobile is invited to celebrate Black History through the arts with music, dance, drumming, fashion, tours (provided by Dora Franklin Finley African-American Heritage Trail), and more! Light refreshments will be provided. Free family-friendly fun for all ages.
Want to see which of your Facebook Friends is going? Check out the Facebook Event HERE!