2433 Ridge Road N Mobile AL 36617
The City of Mobile (City) owns a parcel of real property improved with a vacant 800 ± square ft. building located on a 7,476± square ft. parcel.
The subject property is located at 2433 Ridge Rd. N., in the City of Mobile. Key # 701510.
|Site / Zoning||
7,476 ± square feet of land/Currently zoned R-1 (residential).
Subject property is within a flood zone.
All major utilities can be made available to the subject property. Respondents will be responsible for verifying available utilities and their locations.
The subject property is to be sold “as is, where is.” Street view and exterior inspections only; all other information provided within this RFB. Bids are currently being accepted by submitting the response form attached. The bid period extends from December 11, 2020 until January 13, 2021. Bids will be accepted until 2:00 pm (CST) Wednesday, January 13, 2021. Bid and other supporting documentation as specified shall be submitted in a sealed, opaque envelope, approximately 9 x 12 or larger and shall be marked on the outside with the words “SEALED BID for 2433 Ridge Rd. N.”, along with Bid Date, Bidder’s name and address, and placed in the Bid Receptacle (Government St. Plaza Joachim St. entrance) addressed to City Clerk’s office on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
The property’s Fair Market Value is $16,200. An award may be made to the highest responsible and responsive bidder. The City of Mobile reserves the right to reject any and all bids. All closing costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
|Existing Survey||Deed Restrictions||Utilities to Site||Floodplain||ROW/Traffic||Environmental|
|No||No||Yes||Yes||May limit curb cuts||No reports available|
The City of Mobile intends to select a purchaser of the subject property to accomplish the following objectives:
- Return the property back to active and productive use as soon as possible;
- Return the property to the tax rolls.
LOCATION: 2433 Ridge Rd, Mobile, AL 36617.
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: LOT 18, IN BLOCK “C” OF CEDAR RIDGE SUBDIVISION ACCORDING TO PLAT THEREOF RECORDED IN MAP BOOK 5 PAGES 287-288 OF THE RECORDS IN THE OFFICE OF THE JUDGE OF THE PROBATE COURT OF MOBILE COUNTY, ALABAMA, #SEC 44 T4S R1W #MP29 02 44 0 028.
The Site has an 800 ± square feet wood frame asbestos structure built on a concrete slab foundation and 7,476 ± square feet of land / currently zoned R-1.
The redevelopment of the Site shall comply with all City of Mobile Planning/Zoning, Engineering/ Right of Way, Permitting/ Building Code and other requirements.
PRESENT CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY:
The information below is for informational purposes only and in no way should be used, without further inspection, to construct a response to this RFB.
- The Site is being sold “as-is, where-is”. No warranties or representations of any kind are being made by the City of Mobile, its agents, or assigns.
- The Site is within a flood zone.
- All major public utilities are available to the subject property.
- It is possible that there may be hazardous materials present at the Site. Respondents will be responsible for conducting their own environmental assessment and testing. If any remediation is required it is the sole responsibility of the Respondent.
BIDS, ELIGIBILITY, AND SELECTION
In addition to meeting the above threshold requirements, the Respondent must submit a complete response to this Request for Bids. The Response must contain the following information:
- The price the Respondent is willing to pay for the Site in its “as-is” condition.
- Identify and describe in detail future occupancy plans for the Site including any re-zoning or conditional use permits that would be required.
- Respondent to provide a Proof of Funds letter or a pre-qualification letter for financing.
- Place offer in closed opaque approximately 9 x 12 or larger envelope labeled “SEALED BID-2433 Ridge Rd. N.”.
- If bidder desires that payment of any broker fee be disbursed as a closing cost from the gross sale proceeds then the amount of the fee shall be plainly disclosed in the bid and the bid amount should be increased accordingly so that the net proceeds to the City of Mobile is not reduced.
All questions must be sent in writing by mail to Carleen Stout-Clark at the address listed under “Bid Submission” below or by email to email@example.com / RE: BID-2433 Ridge Rd. N., REAL ESTATE DEPARTMENT. Questions must be received no later than three (3) business days prior to the date for receipt of Bids. All responses will be in writing in the form of an Addendum to the Request for Bids.
Selection will be based on the highest responsible and responsive bid that best satisfies the objectives of the City for the development of this Site. Respondent must meet the following threshold requirements in order to be eligible to respond to this RFB:
- The Respondent or a related entity may not own any real property within the City of Mobile that has any unresolved citation or violation of any local codes and/or ordinances.
- The Respondent may not own any real property within the City of Mobile, Mobile County, or the State of Alabama that is tax delinquent or has been transferred to the State Land Commissioner as a result of tax delinquency.
Following selection, the selected Respondent will be required to enter into a Purchase Agreement with the City (sample attached as Exhibit A). Respondent will be responsible for the cost of the preparation of the deed and title Insurance. All other closing costs as well as the costs for additional surveys or inspections shall be the responsibility of the selected purchaser.
The selected Respondent will have thirty (30) days from selection to execute a Purchase Agreement with the City.
RESPONSES DUE: Responses must be received on or before Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. (CST)
All Bids shall be submitted on the Bid Form, marked “SEALED BID-2433 Ridge Rd. N.,” and provided with this Request. Bids may be delivered or mailed to the following:
City of Mobile
Government Plaza (Drop off 1st Floor Bid Box (at Joachim St. entrance)
City Clerk’s Office 9th Floor, South Tower
RE: Sealed Bid for 2433 Ridge Road N.
205 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36602
City of Mobile
City Clerk’s Office – 9th Floor
RE: Sealed Bid for 2433 Ridge Road N.
P.O. Box 1827
Mobile, AL 36633
If Delivered; Bidders delivering Bids in person shall enter Government Plaza at the Joachim Street entrance and insert their sealed Bids into a receptacle, marked “City of Mobile Bids-2433 Ridge Rd. N.”, in the security area for pickup by the office of the City Clerk, no later than Wednesday, January 13, 2021 @ 2:00 PM local time. Masks required in the Atrium.
BID OPENING and SELECTIONBids will be opened at 2:30 pm on Wednesday, January 13, 2021, in the Joachim Street entrance in the atrium at 205 Government Plaza. All responsible and responsive Bids will be forwarded to the Real Estate Committee for review and recommendation for award. Masks required in the Atrium.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and/or may make award to the highest, most responsible, and responsive Bidder. In determining the most responsive Bid the City shall take into consideration the Respondent’s bid and the following factors;
- The price the Respondent is willing to pay for the parcel;
- The proposed use;
- The proposed schedule for development; and
- Proof of funds from banking institution or pre-qualification letter from lender.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
The City reserves the right to:
- Amend, modify, or withdraw this RFB;
- Revise any requirements under this RFB;
- Accept any bid deemed to be in the best interests of the City and to reject any and all bids;
- Require supplemental or clarifying information from any responding party without having been deemed to have changed the terms of the RFB;
- Extend the deadline for submissions of responses; and
- Negotiate or hold discussions with any Respondent to supplement responses.
The City may exercise any and all rights at any time without notice and without liability for expenses incurred in responding to any changes in the RFB. Responses are prepared at the sole cost and expense of the Respondent. Responses are submitted for the benefit of the party identified on the Response Form and are non-assignable.
Nothing stated at any time by any City agent or representative will effect a change or addition to the RFB, unless confirmed in writing by the City and distributed to all responders.
All information submitted in response to this RFB shall become the property of the City, and as such, may be subject to public review as public records. Any responder who submits records of sensitive internal business affairs, proprietary information, or information that could potentially be used by competitors to achieve an unfair business advantage must identify the information as confidential at the time it is submitted to the City. The City will not release appropriately designated confidential information. If the City finds that the information is not confidential for purposes of the Alabama Open Records Act, it will consult with the responder before releasing it to the public.
Respondents acknowledge and agree that the City will not be liable for any costs, expenses, losses, damages (including damages for loss of anticipated profit) or liability incurred by the Respondent as a result of, or arising out of, responding to this RFB.
This request for bid uses the gender-neutral words “it” and “its” in place of “he” and “she” and “his” and “her, etc., merely for the sake of brevity or to include the possibility that a consulting firm might submit a bid.
The subject property is to be sold “as is, where is,” now OBO (OR BEST OFFER)
In This Section