418 Donald Street
The City of Mobile (City) owns a parcel of real property. The property is improved with a 2,436 ± building that is currently vacant. Parcel No.: 29 07 42 0 004 209. Key No.:834887. The City of Mobile seeks bids to purchase the subject property.
The subject property is located in the City of Mobile, AL, a short distance west of Hwy 45 / St. Stephens Road. Neighboring properties are zoned R1. Subject property is not within a flood zone. There are no wetlands on subject property.
Corner of Donald Street & Andrews Street. Near Hwy 45 / St. Stephens Road. Approximately one (1) mile north of Spring Hill Avenue.
|Site / Zoning||
5,639 + square feet of land / Currently zoned R-1 (residential).
All major utilities should be available to the subject property. Respondents will be responsible for verifying available utilities and their locations.
The subject property is to be sold “as is, where is”. Bids are currently being accepted. The bid period extends 30 days, from August 29, 2019 until September 30, 2019. Bids will be accepted until 12:00 pm Noon (CST) in the City Clerk’s office on September 30, 2019.
The property is appraised for $17,000. The State of Alabama requires that public properties be sold at Fair Market Value as determined by an appraisal. An award may be made to the highest responsible and responsive bidder. The City of Mobile reserves the right to reject any and all bids. All closing costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
|Existing Survey||Deed Restrictions||Utilities to Site||Floodplain||ROW/Traffic||Environmental|
|No||No||Yes||None||May limit curb cuts||No reports available|
The City of Mobile intends to select a purchaser of the subject property to accomplish the following objectives:
- Return the property back to active and productive use as soon as possible;
- Return the property to the tax rolls.
LOCATION: 418 Donald Street
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: LOT 32 STRAUSS 1ST ADD TO TOULMINVILLE DBK 156 P 294
#SEC 42 T4S R1W #MP29 07 42 0 004
The Site is a total of 0.129 + acres, or 5,639 + square feet. There is one block building on the site which is approximately 2,436 square feet. The Site was previously occupied by City of Mobile for storage. The site is level and has access to all utilities.
The redevelopment of the Site shall comply with all City of Mobile Planning/Zoning, Engineering/ Right of Way, Permitting/ Building Code and other requirements.
PRESENT CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY
The information below is for informational purposes only and in no way should be used, without further inspection, to construct a response to this RFB.
- The Site is being sold “as-is, where-is”. No warranties or representations of any kind are being made by the City of Mobile, its agents, or assigns.
- The Site is not within a flood zone.
- All major public utilities are available to the subject property.
- It is possible that there may be hazardous materials present at the Site. Respondents will be responsible for conducting their own environmental assessment and testing. If any remediation is required it is the sole responsibility of the Respondent.
BIDS, ELIGIBILITY, AND SELECTION
In addition to meeting the above threshold requirements, the Respondent must submit a complete response to this Request for Bids. The Response must contain the following information:
- The price the Respondent is willing to pay for the Site in its “as-is” condition. The City is required to obtain at least Fair Market Value for the sale of its real property. The minimum bid is $17,000;
- Identify and describe in detail future occupancy plans for the Site including any re-zoning or conditional use permits that would be required.
- Respondent to provide a Proof of Funds letter or a pre-qualification letter for financing.
All questions must be sent in writing by mail or email to Jaclyn Benedict at the address listed under “Bid Submission” below. Questions must be received no later than three (3) business days prior to the date for receipt of Bids. All responses will be in writing in the form of an Addendum to the Request for Bids.
PRE-BID MEETING AND INSPECTION
Any and all interested parties are encouraged to attend a pre-bid meeting and inspection of the subject property on September 11, 2019 or September 25, 2019. Both open houses will take place from 7:00 am until 9:00 am. No other tour or inspection of the subject property will be conducted.
Selection will be based on the highest responsible and responsive bid that best satisfies the objectives of the City for the development of this Site.
Respondent must meet the following threshold requirements in order to be eligible to respond to this RFB:
- The Respondent or a related entity may not own any real property within the City of Mobile that has any unresolved citation or violation of any local codes and/or ordinances.
- The Respondent may not own any real property within the City of Mobile, Mobile County, or the State of Alabama that is tax delinquent.
- The Respondent must not have been the prior owner of any real property in the City of Mobile that was transferred to the State Land Commissioner as a result of tax delinquency.
Following selection, the selected Respondent will be required to enter into a Purchase Agreement with the City. The form of Purchase Agreement is attached.
Respondent will be responsible for the cost of the preparation of the deed and title Insurance. All other closing costs as well as the costs for additional surveys or inspections shall be the responsibility of the selected purchaser.
The selected Respondent will have thirty (30) days from selection to execute a Purchase Agreement with the City.
All Bids shall be submitted on the Bid Form provided with this Request. Bids may be delivered, mailed, or emailed to the following:
City Clark’s Office – 9th Floor
Government Plaza, 4th Floor, South Tower 205 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36633
City of Mobile
City Clerk’s Office – 9th Floor City of Mobile
P.O. Box 1827 Mobile, AL 36633
BID OPENING and SELECTION
Bids will be opened at 9:00 am on October 1, 2019, in the Real Estate Department on the 4th Floor of the South Tower at 205 Government Plaza. All responsible and responsive Bids will be forwarded to the Real Estate Committee for review and recommendation for award.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and/or may make award to the highest, most responsible, and responsive Bidder. In determining the most responsive Bid the City may take into consideration the Respondent’s proposal and the following factors:
- The price the Respondent is willing to pay for the parcel;
- The proposed use;
- The proposed schedule for development; and
- Proof of funds from banking institution or pre-qualification letter from lender.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
The City reserves the right to:
- Amend, modify, or withdraw this RFB;
- Revise any requirements under this RFB;
- Accept any bid deemed to be in the best interests of the City and to reject any and all proposals;
- Require supplemental or clarifying information from any responding party without having been deemed to have changed the terms of the RFB;
- Extend the deadline for submissions of responses; and
- Negotiate or hold discussions with any Respondent to supplement responses.
The City may exercise any and all rights at any time without notice and without liability for expenses incurred in responding to any changes in the RFB. Responses are prepared at the sole cost and expense of the Respondent. Responses are submitted for the benefit of the party identified on the Response Form and are non-assignable.
Nothing stated at any time by any City agent or representative will effect a change or addition to the RFB, unless confirmed in writing by the City and distributed to all responders.
All information submitted in response to this RFB shall become the property of the City, and as such, may be subject to public review as public records. Any responder who submits records of sensitive internal business affairs, proprietary information, or information that could potentially be used by competitors to achieve an unfair business advantage must identify the information as confidential at the time it is submitted to the City. The City will not release appropriately designated confidential information. If the City finds that the information is not confidential for purposes of the Alabama Open Records Act, it will consult with the responder before releasing it to the public.
Respondents acknowledge and agree that the City will not be liable for any costs, expenses, losses, damages (including damages for loss of anticipated profit) or liability incurred by the Respondent as a result of, or arising out of, responding to this RFB.
This proposal uses the gender-neutral words “it” and “its” in place of “he” and “she” and “his” and “her, etc., merely for the sake of brevity or to include the possibility that a consulting firm might submit a proposal.
The Property is being sold “as-is, where-is.”
In This Section