Recycling Drop-off Center
New Locations Now Open:
City's Western Administrative Complex, in Langan Park, across Museum Dr. from the Mobile Museum of Art
Behind (to the North of) the Police Headquarters, off Pinehill Dr. which runs between Government St. and Airport Blvd.
Our hours of operation are 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Mon - Fri and 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sat - Sun.
All Recycling Centers will be open from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 24. They will close Tuesday, Feb. 25, for the Mardi Gras holiday.
**Effective April 1, 2020 - the City will no longer accept recyclables from businesses at the drop-off centers**
We are on the path to becoming a cleaner, greener community!
To make recycling easy, the City is transitioning to a single stream method with more drop off locations. Citizens are now no longer required to sort their recyclables. When recycling is more convenient and less confusing, more people recycle and people who recycle are less tolerant of litter.
Yes! Please Recycle These Items:
- Glass; any color
- Newspaper & Inserts
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Junk Mail & Envelopes
- Phone Books
- Office and School Papers (colored paper)
- Brown Paper Bags (grocery)
- Boxboard (cereal, cake & cracker boxes, etc.)
- Pizza Boxes (without heavy residue)
- Plastic Produce Clamshells
- Plastics No. 1 through 7
- Plastic Milk Jugs, bottles, and containers
- Aluminum Cans & Lids
- Pet Food Cans and Dry Pet Food Bags
- Aluminum Foil Baking Pans
- Balls of Tin Foil; Foil Pie Tins
- Tin and Steel Cans & Lids
- Metal Pots, Pans & Cookie Sheets
- Egg Cartons, cardboard only
No! Do Not Recycle These Items:
- No Plastic Bags - Please return to your local grocery store.
- No Ice Cream Cartons
- No Waxy/Paper Milk Cartons
- No Aerosol Cans
- No Juice Boxes / Bags
- No Food Waste
- No Garbage or Yard Waste
- No Garden Hoses
- No Window Blinds
- No Tarps
- No Bedding or linens
- No Carpeting or Rugs
- No Construction Materials
- No Clothes
- No Diapers
In This Section