We encourage you to use the Mobile County Recycling Center located at 7450 Hitt Road until ours reopen. Mobile County and Goodwill Gulf Coast staff separate and sells the recyclables, so they require separation to keep costs down. Be sure to deliver cleaned and separated recyclable materials. Additionally, if you have any time and can volunteer at the Recycling Center, please do! They need extra help with the increased recycling volume the City of Mobile is sending their way.
Earth Resources is a private, local company that picks up recycling weekly. You can reach them at 251-666-4482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please know we are in close contact with ECUA and will keep you up to date with any changes.
Click HERE for more detailed information about the current state of our recycling program.
City of Mobile Recycling Drop-off Locations:
4851 Museum Drive
City's Western Administrative Complex in Langan Park across from the Mobile Museum of Art
308 Pinehill Drive
Behind (to the North of) the Police Headquarters between Government St. and Airport Blvd.
Normal hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7 a.m. -5 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 7 a.m.-4 p.m
Recycling at these two drop-off locations is a service for City of Mobile residents only. The City will no longer accept recyclables from businesses or those residing outside Mobile.
Click HERE for the Holiday Schedule.
For more information
Call 311 (251-208-5311)
We are on the path to becoming a cleaner, greener community!
To make recycling easy, the City of Mobile uses a single stream method meaning citizens are not required to sort their recyclables.
Yes! Please Recycle These Items:
- Glass; any color
- Newspaper & Inserts
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Junk Mail & Envelopes
- Phone Books
- Office and School Papers (colored paper)
- Brown Paper Bags (grocery)
- Boxboard (cereal, cake & cracker boxes, etc.)
- Pizza Boxes (without heavy residue)
- Plastic Produce Clamshells
- Plastics No. 1 through 7
- Plastic Milk Jugs, bottles, and containers
- Aluminum Cans & Lids
- Pet Food Cans and Dry Pet Food Bags
- Aluminum Foil Baking Pans
- Balls of Tin Foil; Foil Pie Tins
- Tin and Steel Cans & Lids
- Metal Pots, Pans & Cookie Sheets
- Egg Cartons, cardboard only
No! Do Not Recycle These Items:
- No Plastic Bags - Please return to your local grocery store.
- No Ice Cream Cartons
- No Waxy/Paper Milk Cartons
- No Aerosol Cans
- No Juice Boxes / Bags
- No Food Waste
- No Garbage or Yard Waste
- No Garden Hoses
- No Window Blinds
- No Tarps
- No Bedding or linens
- No Carpeting or Rugs
- No Construction Materials
- No Clothes
- No Diapers
In This Section