City of Mobile Recycling Drop-off Locations:
4851 Museum Drive
City's Western Administrative Complex in Langan Park across from the Mobile Museum of Art
308 Pinehill Drive
Behind (to the North of) the Police Headquarters between Government St. and Airport Blvd.
Normal hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7 a.m. -5 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
Recycling at these two drop-off locations is a service for City of Mobile residents only. The City does not accept recyclables from businesses or those residing outside Mobile.
Click HERE for the Holiday Schedule.
For more information
Call 311 (251-208-5311)
We are on the path to becoming a cleaner, greener community!
To make recycling easy, the City of Mobile uses a single stream method meaning citizens are not required to sort their recyclables.
We do NOT take the following items:
- Gift Bags with bows, plastics, etc.
- Plastic bags
- Most wrapping paper is NOT accepted
The City of Mobile staff are working to ensure you have a great recycling experience. Please kindly remember them as they provide this important service.
Yes! Please Recycle These Items:
- Glass; any color
- Newspaper & Inserts
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Junk Mail & Envelopes
- Phone Books
- Office and School Papers (colored paper)
- Brown Paper Bags (grocery)
- Boxboard (cereal, cake & cracker boxes, etc.)
- Pizza Boxes (without heavy residue)
- Plastic Produce Clamshells
- Plastics No. 1 through 7
- Plastic Milk Jugs, bottles, and containers
- Aluminum Cans & Lids
- Pet Food Cans and Dry Pet Food Bags
- Aluminum Foil Baking Pans
- Balls of Tin Foil; Foil Pie Tins
- Tin and Steel Cans & Lids
- Metal Pots, Pans & Cookie Sheets
- Egg Cartons, cardboard only
No! Do Not Recycle These Items:
- No Plastic Bags - Please return to your local grocery store.
- No Ice Cream Cartons
- No Waxy/Paper Milk Cartons
- No Aerosol Cans
- No Juice Boxes / Bags
- No Food Waste
- No Garbage or Yard Waste
- No Garden Hoses
- No Window Blinds
- No Tarps
- No Bedding or linens
- No Carpeting or Rugs
- No Construction Materials
- No Clothes
- No Diapers
- No Flat Glass (mirrors, windows, etc.)
In This Section