We will continue to post updates regarding Recycling Center closures as we receive them.
Recycling Drop-off Center
New Locations Now Open:
City's Western Administrative Complex, in Langan Park, across Museum Dr. from the Mobile Museum of Art
Behind (to the North of) the Police Headquarters, off Pinehill Dr. which runs between Government St. and Airport Blvd.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. effective Monday, December 14, 2020.
The City's Recycling is a service for Mobile residents only. The City will no longer accept recylclables from businesses or those residing outside Mobile.
- Christmas Eve -- Holiday Hours 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Christmas Day -- CLOSED
- Saturday after Christmas - Normal Hours (7 am - 4 p.m.)
- New Year's Eve -- Holiday Hours (7 am- 3 p.m.)
- New Year's Day -- CLOSED
- Day after New Year's -- Normal Hours (7 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Martin Luther King Day -- CLOSED
- Memorial Day -- CLOSED
- Independence Day - CLOSED
Christmas Tree Recycling Notice:
- December 26 - January 15, 2021 from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily, drop off your unwanted Christmas tree for FREE. All trees must be free of lights, stands and decorations. The drop off locations are:
Lake Drive Tricentennial Park - 2121 Lake Drive
James Seals Park – 540 Texas St
Baumhauer-Randle Park - 1909 Duval St., Mobile
Dog River Park - 2459 Dog River Drive N.
Pinehill Recycling Center – 308 Pinehill Dr.
Medal of Honor Park - 1711 Hillcrest Rd.
Langan Park (Municipal Park) - 4901 Zeigler Blvd
For more information email email@example.com
We are on the path to becoming a cleaner, greener community!
To make recycling easy, the City is transitioning to a single stream method with more drop off locations. Citizens are now no longer required to sort their recyclables. When recycling is more convenient and less confusing, more people recycle and people who recycle are less tolerant of litter.
Yes! Please Recycle These Items:
- Glass; any color
- Newspaper & Inserts
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Junk Mail & Envelopes
- Phone Books
- Office and School Papers (colored paper)
- Brown Paper Bags (grocery)
- Boxboard (cereal, cake & cracker boxes, etc.)
- Pizza Boxes (without heavy residue)
- Plastic Produce Clamshells
- Plastics No. 1 through 7
- Plastic Milk Jugs, bottles, and containers
- Aluminum Cans & Lids
- Pet Food Cans and Dry Pet Food Bags
- Aluminum Foil Baking Pans
- Balls of Tin Foil; Foil Pie Tins
- Tin and Steel Cans & Lids
- Metal Pots, Pans & Cookie Sheets
- Egg Cartons, cardboard only
No! Do Not Recycle These Items:
- No Plastic Bags - Please return to your local grocery store.
- No Ice Cream Cartons
- No Waxy/Paper Milk Cartons
- No Aerosol Cans
- No Juice Boxes / Bags
- No Food Waste
- No Garbage or Yard Waste
- No Garden Hoses
- No Window Blinds
- No Tarps
- No Bedding or linens
- No Carpeting or Rugs
- No Construction Materials
- No Clothes
- No Diapers
In This Section