P.O. Box 1827
Mobile, AL 36633-1827
Office: (251) 208-7395
Fax: (251) 208-7548
- Executive Staff
- To request the Mayor's attendance or participation, please call the Mayor's Office at 251.208.7395.
In the News
- Students paint Mayor Stimpson's door
- Saving Mobile's Christmas season: Mayor's office releases tantalizing video
- An interactive timeline of Sandy Stimpson's rise to mayor of Mobile
- Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson Q&A: Looking back at his first year in office, and taking a look ahead
- Ebola scare prompts Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson, hospital officials to address communications, protocols
- City Puts $12.2 Million To Infrastructure
- Mobile city employee raise to take effect
- Mobile Baykeeper gives environmental protection award to Mayor Stimpson
- Live Chat with Mayor Stimpson
Mayor Sandy Stimpson is serving his first term as Mayor of the great City of Mobile.
One Mobile - Moving Forward Together
Sandy is working hard to achieve the vision of One Mobile, empowering every person to have a voice and make a difference in the City. Being the visionary that he is, the Mayor is collaborating with others to achieve the goal of Mobile becoming the safest, most business and family friendly City in America by 2020.
A culture of transparency, effectiveness, and efficiency is being cultivated at City Hall, allowing each stakeholder to invest in the advancement of Mobile. During his short time in office, the Mayor has worked hard to address issues of stormwater management, downtown revitalization, and fiscal responsibility.
In 1975, Sandy Stimpson graduated from the University of Alabama with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and returned to his hometown of Mobile, Alabama to pursue family, career and community service.
Upon graduating, Sandy began what would become a 37-year-plus commitment to Gulf Lumber Company and its successor, Scotch & Gulf Lumber. Drawing on a childhood of summer maintenance and cleaning jobs at Gulf Lumber, he worked his way up through virtually every job in the family business.
Sandy offers leadership and support to organizations concerned with quality of life in Mobile and the state, from economic development and policy to education and the outdoors.
With the belief that education is key to quality of life, Sandy is particularly committed to education and has served extensively on the boards of UMS-Wright Preparatory School and Prichard Preparatory School. He is also a member of the University of Alabama's President's Cabinet.
Sandy's business and civic endeavors are numerous and varied. He has been a member of the boards of the Alabama Alliance of Business and Industry, Boys and Girls Club and Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce, where he served as Chair in 2009. He continues to be active with the Alabama Business Hall of Fame Nominating Committee;; the Business Council of Alabama, where he served as chair in 2010; and Coastal Alabama Leadership Council, where he currently serves a co-chair. He previously served as finance chairman of the Southern Republican Leadership Conference and as the state finance chairman for the senatorial campaigns of U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions in the 2002 and 2008 elections.
Sandy's commitment to conservation and wildlife efforts include prior service on the boards of the Alabama Wildlife Federation, Governor's Conservation Advisory Board, the Alabama Forever Wild Land Trust, and Partners for Environmental Progress (PEP). He also served on the executive committee of the Governor's Coastal Recovery Commission.
Sandy and Jean Stimpson have been married since 1975 and have four grown, married children and nine grandchildren. A volunteer with Outback Ministries, he is also an active member of Ashland Place United Methodist Church.
- Mayor's Office
- City Officials
- City Council Meetings
- City Department List
- Department Phone Numbers
- City Contacts
- Municipal Courts and Legal Info
- Municipal Code
- Licenses and Taxes
- E-Mobile Tax Payments
- Bids and Procurement
- Election Information
- Department of Safety and Performance
- Nuisance Abatement
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Trash and Garbage
- Litter And Stormwater Information
- Stormwater Web Site
- Community and Arts
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Activities
- Licenses and Taxes
- Public Safety
- Mobile Animal Shelter
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Mobile Public Library
- Historic Development
- Keep Mobile Beautiful
- Neighborhood and Community Services
- E-Mobile Tax Payments