Skip to main content

City Clerk

Lisa C. Lambert
City Clerk

Mission Statement: The City Clerk's Office is committed to providing quality support and assistance to the City Council and the citizens of Mobile by striving for excellence in keeping and preserving the official public documents and records of the City of Mobile; recording the actions of the City Council, conducting and preserving the integrity of elections; providing administrative and support services to the Legislative body; and meeting other regulatory requirements established by law. 

9th Floor Government Plaza - South Tower
P.O. Box 1827
Mobile, AL 36633-1827

Main Contact: 251-208-7411
Fax: 251-208-7576


The City Clerk's Office is the officially designated record keeping agency for the City and is responsible for all public documents both current and archival. The City Clerk's Office also prepares the City Council Meeting agenda; attends and records the proceedings of all Council meetings; maintains records of all rules, ordinances, and resolutions of the Council; acts as custodian of the City Seal; conducts all municipal elections; performs all legal advertising for the City; schedules, coordinates, and plans special events and functions for the Council; oversees operation of the mail room and courier service; and provides general administrative and clerical assistance to the Council.

Online services, forms and applications

Application to Address the City Council (PDF FILE)

Board Interest Application Form (PDF FILE)

City Council Meetings, Minutes, and Agendas External Link

Claim Form (PDF FILE)

Election Information External Link



Waiver of Noise Ordinance Application (PDF FILE)

Application for Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (PDF FILE)

City of Mobile Municipal Code External Link

Request for Public Records (PDF FILE)

Street Renaming Policy and Application (PDF FILE)

Street Renaming Request Petition (PDF FILE)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When are the City Council meetings held?

The City Council typically meets every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. in the Government Plaza Auditorium, 205 Government Street, Mobile. The meetings are open to the public.

Q: How can I found out what’s on the agenda and when will it be ready?

The agenda for the City Council meetings is posted on the City’s website the Friday before the Council meeting. Click here:

Q: Are City Council Meetings televised?

The City Council Meetings are televised on Comcast Cable 6 on Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. They are also live streamed here:

Q: Can I speak at a City Council Meeting?

If you wish to address the City Council regarding an item that is on their agenda, you can sign up at the door of the Auditorium just prior to the meeting. If you wish to speak regarding a non-agenda item (the subject must relate to City of Mobile business), you can contact the City Clerk’s Office at 251-208-7411 by 2:00 p.m. on Thursday to make a request or fill out the form "Addressing the City Council" and fax it to 251-208-7576 or email it to You are limited to five minutes of speaking time. Click here for form to address the City Council.

Q: How can I find out what city council district I live in?

Go to: and enter your address or call the City Council's office at 251-208-7441.

Q: How can I get a copy of City Council resolutions/ordinances/minutes/ agreements/recorded documents?

Complete a records request form (click here) and email to

Q: The City of Mobile is responsible for damage to my personal property. What can I do?

You can file a claim for damages you or your property has incurred as a result of a vehicular accident caused by a City employee; mishap involving City property (falling tree limb, etc.); or an incident caused by City employees (lawnmower slinging rocks, etc.). A claim may be filed in person at the City Clerk's Office on the ninth floor of Government Plaza, South Tower, 205 Government Street, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., or you can mail or fax it to the City Clerk's Office. For further instructions and to obtain a claim form, click here.

Q: Where do I request City services (non-emergency)?

Call Mobile's 3-1-1 Call Center at 3-1-1 or 251-208-5311 (note: not all telephone carriers allow access to Mobile 3-1-1).

Q: Who do I contact about paying tickets, rescheduling court dates, fines, etc.?

Contact the Mobile Municipal Court at 251-208-7057.

Q: How can I serve on a City board?

The City Council has over 40 boards. If you are interested in serving on one, fill out a Board Interest Form, click here and indicate which boards you are interested in. If there are no vacancies in the boards that you are interested in, your application will be kept on file for one year.

Q: I'm having a party with a band or sound system. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?

It is unlawful for any person to use amplification which exceeds 85 decibels during the hours of 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. or which exceeds 50 decibels from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. If your event will have any type of sound system, it is recommended that you apply for a waiver of the City's Noise Ordinance click here. The City Council meets every Tuesday, and applications have to be received by 2:00 p.m. on Thursday in order to be placed on their next agenda.

Q: When is the next city election?

The next city election will be in August, 2021. Candidates may begin qualifying after the first Tuesday in July. Click here for election information.

Q: How can I get a copy of a birth/death/marriage/divorce certificates?

Contact the Mobile County Health Department at 251-690-8150.

Q: How do I get a passport?

Contact the U. S. Postal Service at 251-694-5973.

Q: How do I apply to become a Notary Public?

Contact Mobile County Probate Court at 251-574-6000.