Cultural & Civic Development:Mobile Museum of Art
4850 Museum Drive
Mobile, AL 36608
Main Contact: 251-208-5200
Tuesday through Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m., free admission
Closed Mondays and all City Holidays
Located in Langan Municipal Park, the Mobile Museum of Art serves as the art museum of the city of Mobile and the South Alabama, coastal area. For more than fifty years, MMofA has operated as a public/private partnership comprised of city, county and private support through its 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation.
The museum's mission is to provide a place where people enrich their lives through interaction with the visual arts in thought-provoking and creative ways that nourish and delight the mind and spirit.
For the fundamental purpose of education, the museum collects, conserves, exhibits, interprets and researches art.
* houses a permanent collection of more than 10,000 art objects spanning 2,000 years of cultural history.
* presents changing exhibitions featuring a wide range of artists, media, subjects, and time periods of art history.
* offers a wide range of interdisciplinary programs and educational opportunities to the public, including studio art classes, workshops, music, dance, films, lectures, festivals, tours, and activities for all ages and interest levels.
* contributes to scholarly and academic advancement in the field of art and art history through publications, research, conversation, and educational programming.
TimeSavers - Online services, forms and applications
- Trash and Garbage
- Litter And Stormwater Information
- Stormwater Web Site
- Community and Arts
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Activities
- Licenses and Taxes
- Public Safety
- Mobile Animal Shelter
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Mobile Public Library
- Historic Development
- Keep Mobile Beautiful
- Neighborhood and Community Services
- E-Mobile Tax Payments