Living in Mobile
Metro Recycling Center
What you can drop off:
Use me, wash me, squish me.
PLASTIC BEVERAGE CONTAINERS
Remove & discard lid, rinse, flatten.
- Milk jugs
- Liquor bottles
- Soda bottles
- Juice bottles
- Water bottles
ALUMINUM BEVERAGE CANS
- Soda, beer, etc.
- Vegetable, dog / cat food, etc.
Use me, stack me.
- corrugated cardboard (flattened)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Mixed (junk mail)
- Phone books and computer paper
- Cereal boxes (without liners)
Use me, wash me, separate me.
remove & discard lid, rinse, separate.
Labels can stay on.
- Jars - glass food & beverage
containers only, e.g., peanut butter, pickle, wine, beer.
- Colors - brown/amber - green/blue - clear
Drop me off or pick me up.
STYROFOAM PACKING PEANUTS
- Pack tightly in transferable bag or box.
- Pack in plastic lawn bags.
Use me, wash me, share me.
- Place clean clothing, shoes, hats, purses, and belts in plastic trash bags.
Use me, store me.
USED OIL, FILTERS & ANTIFREEZE
- Put in milk jug or other container.
96% less energy is used when aluminum is made from recycling aluminum cans rather than bauxite ore. That amounts to 3 hours of energy saved with the recycling of just 1 aluminum can.
It takes 2 ounces of wood pulp to make 1 ounce of paper. Each ton of paper recycled saves 17 trees, using 60% less energy than making it from wood pulp.
Each American generates 4.4 pounds of garbage a day! So whats in our garbage?
The success of this recycling drop-off center depends on the quality of the material provided by you, the centers users. We appreciate your cooperation!
Thanks to our Recycling Partners:
Aaron Oil, ASM Recycling, Fibers International, Goodwill Industries, MAWSS, Mobile Forest Products, Mobile Material Recovery, Recycled Fibers, Waste Management
Metro Mobile Recycling Drop-off Center
1451 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36604
Open Seven Days a Week - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Trash and Garbage
- Litter And Stormwater Information
- Stormwater Web Site
- Community and Arts
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Activities
- Licenses and Taxes
- Public Safety
- Mobile Animal Shelter
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Mobile Public Library
- Historic Development
- Keep Mobile Beautiful
- Neighborhood and Community Services
- E-Mobile Tax Payments