City Council Approves 2019 Budget
Sep 25th, 2018
Posted in: General News
The City Council approved the 2019 Budget this afternoon focusing on citizen priorities and keeping Mobile on a path to progress. The balanced budget restores level funding to the Mobile Public Library and Performance Contracts and includes a 5% raise for Public Services employees.
“This budget is a true reflection of our city’s priorities,” said Council Vice President Levon Manzie. “It is fiscally sound while keeping our focus on our citizen’s priorities and Mobile on the path to progress.”
The Council made some minor adjustments to the Mayor’s proposed budget unveiled nearly a month ago including:
- Reallocation of nearly $500,000 to level fund the Mobile Public Library System
- Reallocation of nearly $200,000 to restore level funding for Performance Contracts
- Reallocation of $152,000 in support of the HBCU Bowl Game
- Reallocation of $240,000 for key positions and projects in Parks & Recreation
- Reallocation of $750,000 for maintenance and key Capital Projects at Ladd Stadium
- Reallocation of funds for a 5% raise for Public Services Employees
In addition to remaining focused on citizen priorities, this Budget ensures the continued progress the City has seen as a result of the Capital Improvement Program the Council initiated with funds provided by the penny tax. Crucial infrastructure projects including road resurfacing, sidewalk repairs and installations, parks and recreation improvements and more will continue in each District through this program.