3200 Moffett Rd
The City of Mobile (City) owns a parcel of real property. The property is currently vacant. Parcel No.: R022908182001002. Key No.: 00841780. The City of Mobile seeks bids to purchase the Site.
The subject property is located in the City of Mobile, AL, a short distance west of I-65 and intersection of Spring Hill Avenue. The primary frontage is along Moffett Road, a major east-west commuter thoroughfare. Neighboring properties are zoned B-3. Site is not within a flood zone. There are no wetlands on the Site.
Moffett Road at Western Drive. Near I-65 Interchange and intersection of Spring Hill Avenue.
|Site / Zoning||
0.85+ acres / Currently zoned I-1 (light industry)
All major utilities should be available to the site. Respondents will be responsible for verifying available utilities and their locations.
The property is to be sold “as is, where is”. Bids are currently being accepted. The bid period is from March 23, 2020 until Wednesday, May 27, 2020. Bids will be accepted until 12:00 pm Noon (CST).
The property is appraised for $275,000. An award may be made to the highest responsible and responsive bidder. The City of Mobile reserves the right to reject any and all bids. All closing costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
|Existing Survey||Deed Restrictions||Utilities to Site||Floodplain||ROW/Traffic||Environmental|
|Yes||No||Yes||None||May limit curb cuts||No reports available|
The City of Mobile intends to select a purchaser of the subject property to accomplish the following objectives:
- Return the property back to active and productive use as soon as possible;
- Create commercial and/or industrial activity at this intersection; and
- Return the property to the tax rolls.
LOCATION: 3200 Moffett Rd.
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Lot 1 Moffett Western S/D MBK 135/33
The Site is a total of 0.85+ acres, or 36,699+ square feet. There are no improvements on the Site. The Site was previously occupied by the Gus Rehm Fire Station, which has been demolished. The site is level and has access to all utilities.
The redevelopment of the Site shall comply with all City of Mobile Planning/Zoning, Engineering/ Right of Way, Permitting/ Building Code and other requirements.
PRESENT CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY
The information below is for informational purposes only and in no way should be used, without further inspection, to construct a response to this RFB.
- The Site is being sold “as-is, where-is”. No warranties or representations of any kind are being made by the City of Mobile, its agents, or assigns.
- The Site is not within a flood zone.
- All major public utilities are available to the Site.
- It is possible that there may be hazardous materials present at the Site. Respondents will be responsible for conducting their own environmental assessment and testing. If any remediation is required it is the sole responsibility of the Respondent.
BIDS, ELIGIBILITY, AND SELECTION
In addition to meeting the above threshold requirements, the Respondent must submit the bid response on GovDeals to this Request for Bids. The Bid Response must contain the following information:
- The price the Respondent is willing to pay for the Site in its “as-is” condition;
- Identify and describe in detail future occupancy plans for the Site including any re-zoning or conditional use permits that would be required.
- Respondent to provide a Proof of Funds letter or a pre-qualification letter for financing.
All questions may be asked on the GovDeals Q &A. Questions must be received no later than three (3) business days prior to the date for receipt of Bids.
Selection will be based on the highest responsible and responsive bid that best satisfies the objectives of the City for the development of this Site.
Respondent must meet the following threshold requirements in order to be eligible to respond to this RFB:
- The Respondent or a related entity may not own any real property within the City of Mobile that has any unresolved citation or violation of any local codes and/or ordinances.
- The Respondent may not own any real property within the City of Mobile, Mobile County, or the State of Alabama that is tax delinquent.
- The Respondent must not have been the prior owner of any real property in the City of Mobile that was transferred to the State Land Commissioner as a result of tax delinquency.
Following selection, the selected Respondent will be required to enter into a Purchase Agreement with the City. The form of Purchase Agreement is attached.
Respondent will be responsible for the cost of the preparation of the deed and title Insurance. All other closing costs as well as the costs for additional surveys or inspections shall be the responsibility of the selected purchaser.
The selected Respondent will have twenty-four (24) hours from selection to execute a Purchase Agreement with the City and to pay earnest money.
All Bids shall be submitted on the GovDeals site.
BID OPENING and SELECTION
Winning bids will be reviewed at 9:00 am on May 28, 2020. All responsible and responsive Bids will be forwarded to the Real Estate Committee for review and recommendation for award.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and/or may make award to the highest, most responsible, and responsive Bidder. In determining the most responsive Bid the City may take into consideration the Respondent’s proposal and the following factors:
- The price the Respondent is willing to pay for the parcel;
- The proposed use; and
- The proposed schedule for development;
- Proof of funds from banking institution or pre-qualification letter from lender.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
The City reserves the right to:
- Amend, modify, or withdraw this RFB;
- Revise any requirements under this RFB;
- Accept any proposal deemed to be in the best interests of the City and to reject any and all proposals;
- Require supplemental or clarifying information from any responding party without having been deemed to have changed the terms of the RFB;
- Extend the deadline for submissions of responses; and
- Negotiate or hold discussions with any Respondent to supplement responses.
The City may exercise any and all rights at any time without notice and without liability for expenses incurred in responding to any changes in the RFB. Responses are prepared at the sole cost and expense of the Respondent. Responses are submitted for the benefit of the party identified on the Proposal Form and are non-assignable.
Nothing stated at any time by any City agent or representative will effect a change or addition to the RFB, unless confirmed in writing by the City and distributed to all responders.
All information submitted in response to this RFB shall become the property of the City, and as such, may be subject to public review as public records. Any responder who submits records of sensitive internal business affairs, proprietary information, or information that could potentially be used by competitors to achieve an unfair business advantage must identify the information as confidential at the time it is submitted to the City. The City will not release appropriately designated confidential information. If the City finds that the information is not confidential for purposes of the Alabama Open Records Act, it will consult with the responder before releasing it to the public.
Respondents acknowledge and agree that the City will not be liable for any costs, expenses, losses, damages (including damages for loss of anticipated profit) or liability incurred by the Respondent as a result of, or arising out of, responding to this RFB.
This proposal uses the gender-neutral words “it” and “its” in place of “he” and “she” and “his” and “her, etc., merely for the sake of brevity or to include the possibility that a consulting firm might submit a proposal.
The Property is being sold “as-is, where-is.”
In This Section