City of Mobile’s Recycling Drop-Off Centers are OPEN!
City of Mobile Recycling Drop-off Locations:
4851 Museum Drive
City's Western Administrative Complex in Langan Park across from the Mobile Museum of Art
308 Pinehill Drive
Behind (to the North of) the Police Headquarters between Government St. and Airport Blvd.
Normal hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7 a.m. -5 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 7 a.m.-4 p.m. We will close early on December 23 (7 a.m.-3 p.m.) and be closed on December 24 and 25.
Recycling at these two drop-off locations is a service for City of Mobile residents only. The City does not accept recyclables from businesses or those residing outside Mobile.
Click HERE for the Holiday Schedule.
For more information
Call 311 (251-208-5311)
We are on the path to becoming a cleaner, greener community!
To make recycling easy, the City of Mobile uses a single stream method meaning citizens are not required to sort their recyclables.
Holiday Recycling Updates:
We do NOT take the following items:
- Gift Bags with bows, plastics, etc.
- Plastic bags
- Most wrapping paper is NOT accepted
Christmas Tree Recycling –
December 26, 2021 through January 16, 2022
- Tricentennial Park – 2121 Lake Drive
- James Seals Park – 540 Texas Street
- Baumhauer-Randle Park – 1909 Duval Street
- Dog River Park – 2459 Dog River Drive North
- Pinehill Recycling Center – 308 Pinehill Drive
- Medal of Honor Park – 1711 Hillcrest Road
- Langan Park (Municipal Park) - 4901 Zeigler Boulevard
ALL TREES MUST BE FREE OF LIGHTS, STANDS, AND DECORATIONS.
The City of Mobile staff are working to ensure you have a great recycling experience. Please kindly remember them as they provide this important service.
Yes! Please Recycle These Items:
- Glass; any color
- Newspaper & Inserts
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Junk Mail & Envelopes
- Phone Books
- Office and School Papers (colored paper)
- Brown Paper Bags (grocery)
- Boxboard (cereal, cake & cracker boxes, etc.)
- Pizza Boxes (without heavy residue)
- Plastic Produce Clamshells
- Plastics No. 1 through 7
- Plastic Milk Jugs, bottles, and containers
- Aluminum Cans & Lids
- Pet Food Cans and Dry Pet Food Bags
- Aluminum Foil Baking Pans
- Balls of Tin Foil; Foil Pie Tins
- Tin and Steel Cans & Lids
- Metal Pots, Pans & Cookie Sheets
- Egg Cartons, cardboard only
No! Do Not Recycle These Items:
- No Plastic Bags - Please return to your local grocery store.
- No Ice Cream Cartons
- No Waxy/Paper Milk Cartons
- No Aerosol Cans
- No Juice Boxes / Bags
- No Food Waste
- No Garbage or Yard Waste
- No Garden Hoses
- No Window Blinds
- No Tarps
- No Bedding or linens
- No Carpeting or Rugs
- No Construction Materials
- No Clothes
- No Diapers
If you’re interested in a subscription curbside recycling pickup service, Earth Resources is a private, local company that picks up recycling weekly. You can reach them at 251-666-4482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In This Section