Neighborhood Development Programs - Individuals Seeking Financial Assistance
The City of Mobile’s Community and Housing Development Department administers grant funds received from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to assist low and moderate-income households and communities. Our mission is to preserve and stabilize the physical, social, and economic health of City of Mobile neighborhoods.
Financial Assistance Programs
- Housing Rehab Program: Provides a grant of up to $10,000 for home repair for qualified homeowners.
- Community Reinvestment Program: Provides a grant of up to $20,000 for exterior repairs to blighted vacant or rental occupied structures
- Downpayment Assistance: Provides up to $10,000 for down payment and eligible closing costs for first time home-buyers
- Leaving a Legacy Program (pdf): Legal Services Alabama, through a Partnership with the City of Mobile provides free drafting, execution, and probate of Wills to low-to-moderate income property owners
- Interested in Job Opportunities with City Contractors
- Rental Assistance Application
- Utility Assistance Application
In This Section